The 2023/2024 season will focus on swimmer development and teamwork.
- Swimmers must be able to safely and consistently swim the length of the pool to participate as a Full Season Barracuda.
- Swim is an individual sport where the athlete sees a tangible representation of their hard work and efforts through the times they achieve in their events.
- Swim is a team sport as swimmers are awarded points for their placement in events and the winning team collects the highest point total.
- Swim is a sport where adolescents learn teamwork skills through relay events that require four swimmers to swim their very best and work together to win that event.
- Swim is a sport that requires parent involvement and teamwork to run a successful meet.
- Although meet participation is not required, it is strongly encouraged.
Our 2023/2024 Season
- Our season runs from October 2, 2023 through April 6, 2024
- Practices are held most days Monday through Friday from 6:30-8:30 and swimmers are expected to be on deck for warmups promptly at 6:30. It is not mandatory that swimmers attend all practices but it is recommended that they attend practice at least three days a week.
- We anticipate participating in 8-10 Saturday morning meets with a minimum of five of those meets to be held at our Carlynton Jr/Sr High Pool. Check out our meet schedule page after September 1, 2023 for more information.
- Swimmers must attend 4 meets to qualify for the Championship Meet.
- Our Championship Meet will be held at Brooke High School Wellness Center on April 6, 2024.
Simple formatted text